- Practice using fractions in a variety of ways.
- Practice understanding of fractions by using math manipulatives.
- Practice basic words or phrases by giving students a problem and a list of relevant terms, e.g., "numerator," "denominator,"
- Practice fractions by having students observe their surroundings, e.g., what fraction of classmates have black hair, have brown eyes.
- Practice pointing out the importance of fractions in the world around them and in successful careers.
- Practice fraction problems by having students write their own fractions based on their own experiences.
- Practice fraction problems by having students work in small groups to create their own surveys around fractions based on classmates' preferences